[3830] RTTY Roundup W4RN SO(A) RTTY LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4rn73@aol.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W4RN SO(A) RTTY LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 18:21:34 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2022

Call: W4RN
Operator(s): W4RN
Station: W4RN

Class: SO(A) RTTY LP
QTH: VA FM19cb
Operating Time (hrs): 5

   80:     0       0
   40:    44       0
   20:    11       0
   15:    49       0
   10:    53       0
-----------------------
Total:   157       0  State/Prov = 29  Countries = 32  Total Score = 9,577

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Within the first ten minutes my K3S quit working.  Replaced it with my excellent
FT-2000D with Yaesu mu-filters for 160M, 80M, 40M. Stunning performance.

The 10M stack really played and enjoyed runs from S and Central America, and
Ø,6 and 7-land.

Innumerable Ops waited until just hours before the contest to attempt to set up
their RTTY gear.  About 1/5 of RTTY ops have never learned to tell when they are
off frequency or, just don't care.  Many, many, others never got past
transmitting a Mark or Space tone for 30 seconds, repeatedly.

All kinds of goofy, superfluous stuff was sent and most people sent everything
three times (!) even though it was not needed.

Hats off to K3MM, W3LL, K3AJ and others who cut the c*ap and showed a lot of
class!