[3830] RTTY Roundup W4AAA(KK9A) SO RTTY LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, john@w4aaa.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W4AAA(KK9A) SO RTTY LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 15:12:46 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2022

Call: W4AAA
Operator(s): KK9A
Station: W4AAA

Class: SO RTTY LP
QTH: North Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

   80:    278
   40:    589
   20:    499
   15:    214
   10:
-----------------------
Total:   1580      0  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 58  Total Score = 184,860

Club:

Comments:

Last summer I did a lot of work on my 150 foot Rohn 65 tower. I added two prop
pitch ring rotators, replaced the top 2el 40m beam with a 4el 40m and redesigned
and refurbished my two long boom 20m beams. There is still more work to be done
but so far everything seems to be working well. This contest started out a
little slow for me with long skip on 15m and 20m. 15m was especially poor, I
only was able to make 24 QSOs on that band during the entire first half of the
contest. Fortunately the propagation on 40m was fantastic and I made the most
QSOs on this band. 80m was also good at night however there was some QRN from
storms in the southeast. On Sunday morning at sunrise I had a great opening to
Europe on 20m. Shortly later I was happily surprised to find 15m also open to
Europe and I had my best hourly rate of the contest (100) running on these two
bands. I ran on both radios almost the entire contest. In hindsight I should
have spent a little more time searching and pouncing for new multipliers and
stations.  I first tried the ARRL RTTY Roundup contest five years ago and I have
operated every year since. This is contest is so much fun!

Thanks for the QSOs,
John KK9A

Please QSL via WD9DZV