[3830] RTTY Roundup NW8S(@KB8O) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup NW8S(@KB8O) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 01:10:27 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2022

Call: NW8S
Operator(s): KB8O AB8M NQ8O KM8V
Station: KB8O

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 22

   80:    303     116
   40:    531     203
   20:    280     200
   15:    161      64
   10:      9       0
-----------------------
Total:   1284     583  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 61  Total Score = 224,040

Club: Black River Radio Ops

Comments:

More digital non-RTTY Qs than we planned on working, but sometimes you have to
go pick up the stations where they are, so throughout the contest we'd jump on
digital and grab what was there for the taking. Hopefully they don't end up as a
gazillion busted contacts as tends to happen on FT modes where everyone has
their own opinion on how many 73s you have to send.  (You hang up first.  No you
hang up first.  No, YOU hang up.) Sigh.

Popped a fuse in the OM2000+ on the 80m station in the thick of it Saturday
nigt.  Luckilly this is a fuse that we've had blow before (albeit on a different
OM2000+)and had a baggie of them on-hand.  About 30 minutes later we were back
in business on the 2nd radio.

Had a power outage at the station around 0100 ET which we took as our cue to hit
the rack for a bit and start up again in the morning.

All in all, a fun contest again.  It was nice to see activity on 15m, maybe we
can get more of that through the rest of 2022.  As always, enjoyed using the
online scoreboard to keep pushing us along and the real-time ribbing via text
messages with some of the other teams on the board! Thanks everyone who we got
in the log and see you on the air for WPX RTTY next!
73
KB8O, AB8M, NQ8O, KM8V