[3830] NAQP CW W4LT(@W4DUG) Single Op Assisted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lromero56@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W4LT(@W4DUG) Single Op Assisted LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 07:31:50 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W4LT
Operator(s): W4LT
Station: W4DUG

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: wcf
Operating Time (hrs): 4.5
Remote Operation

  160:    0     0
   80:   61    22
   40:  165    45
   20:   69    28
   15:   31    14
   10:   15     8
-------------------
Total:  341   117  Total Score = 39,897

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team: K4LQ MEMORIAL - 4

Comments:

Flex 6400 100w to C31XR at 108ft and EF240x at 118 ft

Testing new CW software (WKFlex) that lets one have sidetone on N1MM sent
messages remotely without needing to use Maestro.  Had Maestro on line as well
in case of issues and for comparison.

Big latency with this software... We are getting closer to a solution, but we
are not quite there yet, especially for contesting.

I apologize for the slow responses and sometimes mis formed CW characters; it
takes a while to make all this data fly across the internet!

The software is useable... But takes an eternity in the overs from transmit to
receive, so there is a big gap between when I stop sending to when the radio
stops sending.  But at least we have sidetone for both canned messages and
paddles now.

Better living through technology.  Thanks all for the points and the learning
experience.  This remote stuff improves every time.

Thanks again to the TARC Clubhouse Boys who did without the radio for one
evening so I could play in this contest.

Lu W4LT