[3830] NAQP CW ZF5T(@ZF9CW) M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW ZF5T(@ZF9CW) M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 23:24:08 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: ZF5T
Operator(s): ZF9DX ZF9CW
Station: ZF9CW

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Cayman Brac
Operating Time (hrs):
Remote Operation

  160:  140    54
   80:  387    58
   40:  612    66
   20:  560    64
   15:  650    52
   10:  170    47
-------------------
Total: 2519   351  Total Score = 884,169

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Congratulations to ND7K and all the other M/2 teams who did so well.  I am on
Cayman Brac and Kevin is in Arkansas.  He operated remotely with me on site.

Before the contest I thought we had a reasonably good chance to win.  We put the
score reporting on and although I said I would not watch it, I had it on my IPad
throughout the contest.

Everything was looking good for several hours.  10m was open and we were doing
well.  Then we had computer issues on the computer used for the remote.  Long
story and my fault. Between multiple failures of the computer and to top it off
a TS-590S presumably with blown finals, one or both of us were off the air or
impaired for a significant amount of time.  I watched a substantial lead
disappear and then some a couple of times.

However, for a two man M/2 operation from my small station on Cayman Brac we did
better than we should have expected.  It’s not often that I get to operate
with my son as a partner and I am happy that we are able to do it when we can.

After a lull in the action it looks like there are several contests coming up
over the next couple of months before we return to Arkansas toward the end of
March.

73 and thanks for the fun.

Stan, ZF9CW