[3830] ARRL Jan VHF KR1ST Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, alex@kr1st.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF KR1ST Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 02:54:39 +0000

      Gemini 2-1.2k (144)
      Beko HLV-1000-222 (222)
      Gemini 23 (1296)
Ants: M2 6M3 (50)
      M2 2M9SSB (144)
      M2 222-10EZ (222)
      M2 432-6WL (432)
      Wimo SHF-2367 (1296)

I only dabbled a little in the contest to give out points. I spent less than an
hour on FT8 and only looked for some DX. I get the impression that soon this
will be a FT8 6 and 2m contest only. It's funny to see locals working locals on
FT8. I wonder how many people used the new band switching feature in the WSJT-X
software. It would be nice to hear their experience. Anyway, I had a lot of fun
working folks on SSB and CW. I did not use the KST chat page, but did use the
club's Slack page a little although that didn't net very many QSO's. The vast
majority of the QSO's were made using the old fashioned way of calling CQ and
rotating that big knob on the front of the radios.

The conditions of Saturday were downright bad for me, but Sunday was much
better.

Thanks for all the Q's, and see you in the Spring Sprints!

73,
--Alex KR1ST

 Band   Mode  QSOs     Pts  Grd  Pt/Q
    50  FT8      4       4    1   1.0