[3830] ARRL Jan VHF AA9RK SO 3Band LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF AA9RK SO 3Band LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 03:39:16 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  59     25  Total Score = 1,575

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

This was the most fun I've had on a VHF contest in a while.  There were
occasional glimpses of six meter openings to the south and west of me (Sporadic
E?) and some decent enhancements on 2 meters.  I worked all of the locals plus
several people farther afield.  A highlight was working KO9A on 432 FT8 via
airplane scatter.

It was a very part time effort from me, six hours or so, but I still managed
almost 60 contacts.  They were about 75% digital and 25% phone.

My setup is FT-991 (2m/70cm) and IC-7300 (6m) through hardline into my 3rd floor
attic, where there is an A502HB (6m/2el), A144S5 (2m/5el), A432S10 (70cm/10el),
and a V2000A (tri-band vertical).  I now have a PC capable of handling two
instances of WSJT-X feeding into JTAlert feeding into N3FJP, and that setup
worked... at least partially.  I've got some time to get it worked out before
June, thankfully.