[3830] ARRL Jan VHF W2CCC Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, msadams60@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF W2CCC Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 02:34:00 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:    1     1
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  133    63  Total Score = 10,836

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Comments:

The W2CCC World HQ Superstation had some nice upgrades over the past year and
those improvements showed in the score. Or maybe it was the overnight low temps
of -11 and -21F or possibly the special selection of "Irish Coffee
Creamer".

Given the incredible cold this past weekend it was amazing that ANY rovers were
on the road. IMHO, the best rover out of Rochester is Jarred, KF2MR/R who
appeared in our log a massive 16 Qs. Nice! K2ET/R, WB2SIH/R, and VE3OIL/R also
graced our log. K2CS is a retired rover while I (K2QO) am only retired from
roving in January so we can truly appreciate the efforts put forth by the crews
that go out in January.

Band conditions were just OK at times, but the QSB was amazing and not in a good
way. We would have had at least another two dozen Qs in the log but they were
lost due to QSB. The final Rogers were simply gobbled up by lack of propagation.
This was true for all modes.

73 es CU All in 2023,
W2CCC (K2CS and K2QO)