[3830] ARRL Jan VHF W5TN/R Limited Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF W5TN/R Limited Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 13:47:14 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  511   110  Total Score = 77,440

Club: Roadrunners Microwave Group

Comments:

Day 1:  Started out roving with KA5D/R, KD5IKG/R and K2EZ/R in South Texas.  It
was crazy windy with gusts over 50 MPH in the flat fields Southeast of San
Antonio.  VHF/UHF conditions back to Austin, or anywhere for that matter were
horrible.  I've never seen it where we could not contact back to EM00 or EM10
from EL08, EL08, EL18 or EL19.  Luckily nobody had any wind related damage to
the rover antennas.  Enjoyed the good 6m opening that most of us had on
Saturday.
Day 2:  Headed north out of EM00, EM10 to EM02, EM01, EM12, EM11.  Worked some
good contacts back to Austin and a few into DFW and into Oklahoma.  6M was
mostly dead.  Had lunch with our rover bunch near Glen Rose, TX (thanks KB5PRZ
for a great lunch!) and headed back to my home grid EM00 until the end of the
contest.  Had some good FT8 contacts on 144 and 432 during the evening.  I've
never seen so much 144 activity on FT8.  I'm not a big fan of FT8 in the VHF
contest but seeing lot's of activity on 144 FT8 was pretty cool.  Thanks to
K5TRL, K5LLL, K5TR and others back in the Austin area for great contacts up the
band on Sunday.

Equipment
Rig - FT991
Amps - Mirage on 222, 144