[3830] NAQP SSB KK6P(W7IV) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KK6P(W7IV) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 06:16:39 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: KK6P
Operator(s): W7IV
Station: W7IV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SB
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Remote Operation

  160:   21     8
   80:   78    38
   40:  323    51
   20:  266    47
   15:  244    35
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  932   179  Total Score = 166,828

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team #4

Comments:

Operating remote from KL7.  first time our with the Maestro.

Got settled into town and only had a short time to cobble together the
infrastructure for a phone contest - I have remoted digital tests before and it
was easy - run everything at home and jus Teamviewer in.  I had the 40 year old
footswitch and the Maestro in pieces late last night and opted out of Team1
since I didn't know if I'd get it together or not.  I was down significantly
from my home score last year.

I never got the N1MM voice macros together, so I just blew out my voice calling
CQ a lot.  So much for @BSIQ.  There's a ghost in that machine and I can't fix
it - sometimes the macros work, sometimes they don't.  A few data dropouts and
Teamviewer crashed on me a couple times, but that part, and the Maestro were
pretty stable.  In hindsight, it would have helped if I had read the instruction
manual for the thing.

I started on 15 and I think I was out of sync with everyone else.  Last year I
went big out of the gate, 20, then 15, and I tried to second-guess everyone.  I
think I ended up being 180 degrees out.  I was down 300 Q's on 20 from last
year!  that was responsible for the bulk of my deficit this year.

80 was a lot of work for not much action.  It was fun to talk with fellow
KBers.

Thanks for all the Q's and GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!