[3830] NAQP SSB N1LN Single Op Assisted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bemeier@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N1LN Single Op Assisted LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 12:49:02 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 7
Radios: SO2R

  160:  111    30
   80:  218    42
   40:  224    56
   20:  107    35
   15:   50    23
   10:    7     3
-------------------
Total:  717   189  Total Score = 135,513

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

I missed NAQP-CW last weekend so I was looking forward to NAQP-SSB.  Yes, even
though I typically don't like SSB contests. Well, from the start this one was
trying to convince me to stop playing. The high bands from here were not fun at
all as you can see from my Q counts. I assumed there may be less than stellar
conditions so I decided to enter in the Assisted class. That helped some, but I
just couldn't stay focused with a first three hours rate average of 45.

So, I watched some basketball games, worked on my new VFO kit for my HW-104A.
Yes, I found and purchased an unopened Heathkit for the SB-644A VFO, and kept up
on my mail.

I moved to 40 very early and it was a good thing to do based on my BIC time. It
also made me set new goals. Run on 40 until I get to 200Qs. When the bands open
with participants do the same on 80 and then reach 100 on 160. That is where my
end Q count came from.  The rates on the low bands were outstanding with a peak
burst rate of 420 and many 10 minute rates all three bands in the mid 200s. That
was fun!

Thanks for the Qs and the LOW BAND fun.  Hope to be in CQWW-160 next weekend.

73,
Bruce N1LN