[3830] NAQP SSB AF8A Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, af8a@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB AF8A Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 14:07:52 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: AF8A
Operator(s): AF8A
Station: AF8A

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Oh
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  77     28
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  77     28  Total Score = 2,156

Club:

Team: HamSCI Grapes

Comments:

For me, this was a rare foray into SSB contesting.  My station is limited to 20
meters, with a no gain antenna, so I wasn’t expecting big numbers.  I figured
anything over 50 Qs would be worth noting.

Most of the fun was in promoting and participating in the HamSCI teams (the
newly formed contesting arm of the Ham Radio Science Citizen Investigation
organization, see https://hamsci.org/ ).  We fielded 3 teams with 12 operators.
We are looking forward to seeing the results of our efforts.

Bottom line, it was a good way to spend a cold and snowy afternoon, working many
of the same ops I’ve contacted on CW dozens of times.  Tnx QSOs!

Ten-Tec Omni VII
20m quarter wave vertical, ground mounted
SkookumLogger