[3830] NAQP SSB K0EU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rkmassoc@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K0EU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 16:26:33 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K0EU
Operator(s): K0EU
Station: K0EU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   56    21
   80:  204    46
   40:  439    54
   20:  711    47
   15:  228    28
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total: 1639   197  Total Score = 322,883

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GMCC Av's

Comments:

Thanks to all of you for the Q's and band-moves. It was fun in spite of off and
on issues with some local line noise which of course was coming from the east.

Made a tactical error by starting out on 20 meters. Had a rate of about 180 for
the first 12 minutes. I knew it needed to be better than that. Switched to 15M
and was rewarded with a nice uptick in rate. Finished the first hour with 232
Q's. Checked 10M off and on but no signals heard.

Went back to 20M early in the second hour, which may have also been a mistake
but I thought I needed to search for mults on 15M while running on 20M.

Had a really good hour later on 40M which turned out to be my best at 234 Q's.
Every once in a while, the callers would get into a nice rhythm using short and
snappy reports, allowing 6 or even 7 QSO's per minute making it a whole lot of
fun.

I dreaded having to go to 80 and 160 because of the noise issues, but between an
ANC-4 noise canceller and the K-3 noise blanker, I was able to do OK. As usual,
I'm sure I left a lot of mults on the table on 160. Still looking for a way to
hear better there. I didn't hear or work any 1's, 2's, or 3's. Heard but didn't
work VE5SA and NA8V. Had a pipeline to IL but didn't hear WI or IN at all.
What's up with that?

Congrats to all the big scorers. I see that N2IC figured out how to find mults
in this contest (see his comments from last year).

Thanks Bill K0UK for putting together Colorado GMCC teams. Seemed to be a good
turnout again.

73 Randy K0EU (aka Ken)