[3830] NAQP CW KT0P Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt0p@outlook.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW KT0P Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 20:53:33 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: KT0P
Operator(s): KT0P
Station: KT0P

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  20     12
   15:  37     19
   10:
-------------------
Total:  57     31  Total Score = 1,767

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Glad to be back in the NAQP game!  Due to an overseas assignment, the past 7
years I was limited to QRP contesting from HB9 using a magnetic loop on the
balcony of an apartment block that had enough rebar in it to qualify and
function as a bomb shelter.  So good to be able to participate again in these
contests.

My radios went on an extended DXpedition during the last 4 months in the process
of being shipped with our household goods from HB9 to Montana.  The rigs visited
or spent time in HB9, DL, F, ON, VE1, W4, HK, HP, W6 (4 weeks offshore) and W7
(2.5 weeks offshore), then 4 weeks in a warehouse waiting for the holidays to
pass and the passes to open to get to MT.  Everything arrived the day before the
CW leg of the NAQP so obviously no participation in that (didn't even know which
boxes the rigs were in).  With what was found this week, I was able to cobble
together an SSB station with some significant limitations (magnetic loop
antenna, not quite enough clamp-on ferrite, hand-held microphone and a foreign
language keyboard).  Cut the operating time short to get back to unpacking boxes
from the move.  Hope to find the rest of the radio bits and string proper
full-size antennas before the next contest.

Thanks for the Qs!

73, Scott, KT0P