[3830] CQ160 CW NS3T Single Op Assisted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ns3t@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW NS3T Single Op Assisted LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 13:40:50 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2022

Call: NS3T
Operator(s): NS3T
Station: NS3T

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: Maryland
Operating Time (hrs): 19

Total:  QSOs = 575  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 18  Total Score = 102,200

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

There was that brief moment in the first hour when my call was on top of the
leaderboard for my division!  Hats off to N3HEE, KG9X, and WO1N for the good
scores.

On Friday night, I felt weak, and I was weak.  Lots of stations CQ'd in my face
in the US.  My RBN numbers were terrible when I called CQ.  At one point on
Friday night, the only Skimmer which was hearing me was a few miles down the
road.  My only guess is the snow storm was causing issues for me.

I started the 2021 test by running 150 contacts - but this year, I couldn't get
anything going.  And yet, conditions seemed good.  It was quiet, I could hear EU
and stations out west.  I worked over 70 mults on the first night, but I had
left so many contacts on the table.

Saturday night, I could tell things were different immediately.  I was able to
CQ.  I picked up a few more domestic mults out west, and I was picking up ground
on the three leaders.  But about 0330z, my notes read, "HIT THE WALL."

On Friday night, I couldn't stay awake, so I went to bed after EU sunrise - that
turned out to be a mistake - as Saturday night was uneventful (there was no
magic Saturday night to EU like in 2021).  So, I pulled the plug at 0710z.  Oh
well.  Sometimes you make good/lucky choices in the heat of battle, sometimes
you don't.

Not heard, not worked:  NV, NE, SD, LB, NF, NU, NWT, YT

See you for the SSB version in four weeks.

73 Jamie NS3T