[3830] CQ160 CW N9TF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N9TF Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 17:01:04 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2022

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Clarksville TN
Operating Time (hrs): 15

Total:  QSOs = 366  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 5  Total Score = 45,155

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Spring antenna planting can't come too soon! Slow going to reach 366 Qs. 373
with dups, all called in when CQing. Reached the signal layer capacity of this
antenna!
Did reach my first Q plateau of 300 minimum. Always fun to see if I can work WAS
in this contest. Missed it by that much again! Never heard NE,SD,WY,AK,DC or HI.
Heard two WA but no joy. 44 states worked and 6 VE. EU heard Friday night, no EU
heard Saturday night. Did hear a CR3 calling CQ at TN sunset Saturday,about an
S5, but he did not hear me. He had very few takers during the time I was
calling. Did manage 5 DXC. KP2,PJ2,V3,XE,ZF. Heard those 5 throughout the
contest. Back in Northern IL those guys would be a driver for me out of the
black hole. Now it seems I only need a 7 iron to reach them from 500 miles
closer! Spent a lot of time calling CQ Saturday night. Lots of dead time in
between Qs. Although, 30% of my total did come from CQing.
Interesting how really inefficient this low dipole is before sunset. Lots of
loud signals were heard both days from 22:00UTC until sunset that could not hear
me at all. Once dark it was like a switch was flipped and now I was heard. Can't
wait to plant my inverted L later this year!
All in all, it's always a lot of fun to play on the top band. You never know
what to expect, and that's one of the attractions.
Lots of TCG activity. 11 TCG in the log. Thanks for the Qs!

73 Gene
N9TF
Clarksville, TN