[3830] CQ160 CW WD6T(@N6RO) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW WD6T(@N6RO) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 22:05:44 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2022

Call: WD6T
Operator(s): WD6T N6RO K6AW
Station: N6RO

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 28:30
Radios: SO2R
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 817  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 18  Total Score = 210,312

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was another partially-remote operation with N6RO at the station, while WD6T
and K6AW connected remotely.

Top Band is always an adventure, but we had some tough conditions this year,
particularly to the east, with many weak signals. New England was inaudible
until late the first evening, there was no European/African propagation at all
either night, and the total DXCCs was down significantly from previous years at
the station.

But the bright spot was JA participation, particularly 1200-1400z, resulting in
a total of 116 JAs worked! We also had some decent rates domestically the first
night, starting well before dark at 0000z, with the best hourly rates
0100z-0300z.

In addition to the JAs, we had 55 VEs, 6 UA9s, 4 KH6s, 3 each of XE/KL7/HL, 2
V3s, and 1 each of BY/FM/HI/LU/P4/PJ2/VK/ZF/ZL. The most active states/provinces
were CA with 73 stations, followed by WA/AZ/PA with 30-40 each, and
ON/IL/VA/OH/TX/CO with 20-30 each. The rarest were WV, SD, PE, NE, ND, and MB.
We were never able to hear the spotted VE1, YV, CX, KP4, CM, E2, nor anywhere in
Europe. Missed DC and RI, as well as NB, NF, NS, NT, NU, and YT.

Thanks to Ken and Steve for joining me (WD6T) on this one and taking some of the
tougher shifts.

73,
Dave WD6T, Ken N6RO and Steve K6AW

Antennas:

Wire 4 square. Beverage antennas (mostly used the East-facing one), SAL 30.
Custom control box by NA6O allowing central control of direction as well as
controlling availability and direction of listening antennas.

Equipment:

Flex 6600M and PGXL, RemoteRig
Elecraft K3 Twin, ACOM 2000, RemoteRig
Elecraft K3/Alpha