[3830] CQ160 CW WB0TEV Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW WB0TEV Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 22:56:13 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2022

Call: WB0TEV
Operator(s): WB0TEV
Station: WB0TEV

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 6:08

Total:  QSOs = 226  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 11  Total Score = 36,595

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

This was an experiment to see if listening to static laden CW has any analgesic
effect.  I had rotator cuff surgery on my left shoulder Friday morning and
frankly am surprised I put in as much time as I did.  But when you wake up in
the middle of the night to take another pain pill, you night as well do a little
search and pounce while waiting to be more fully embraced in the arms of
Morpheus.

I can report that CW can distract you from the pain somewhat, especially if you
manage to work that new multiplier in N1MM+'s Available Mults and Q's window.

I managed to work everything in the continental US except for DC.

Time on says 6h 08m but BIC time was surely less.  As I am typing this one
handed I'll just say Thank goodness for ESM.

Next up, an SSB only entry in the Minnesota QSO Party, if it sounds good at the
time.

73 from Texas,
Victor - WB0TEV