[3830] CQ160 CW E7DX Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW E7DX Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 00:38:23 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2022

Call: E7DX
Operator(s): E70T E76C E77EA E77DX
Station: E7DX

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: JN84IX, Prijedor
Operating Time (hrs): 32

Total:  QSOs = 1779  State/Prov = 31  Countries = 81  Total Score = 1,147,328

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

i was not into 160m this year....there were many ressons...some issues with
station, luck of time to do repairs and finishing rebuild, planing some future
trips D4 and 8Q, fighting for a seat in 3Y team, some work issues, of course
covid ...
2021 my 2 good friends and operators of E7DX( Robi E77E and Rade  E77W )passed
away and they are always in past with us in this contest. somehow sad :(

on the end decided to travel anyway

arrived to E7 already on wendesday, but stayed focus more on sports (crossfit)
need to admit i was pretty tired and was trying avoid any antenna work.
only work i did was putting 2nd inband bev (250m long NW bev) on thursday.
on friday i started to test station...
beside mouse attack into shack....i found them even in 2 AMPs (they distroyed
pretty much of cabling inside) and in fridge (yes in fridge eating some rest of
food from CQ WW DX CW) there were also some other small works.
long story short... on the end setup was somehow ready just before contest
(nothing new)
FT-DX10 and 2 x TS-590SG + AMP + wire 4SQ + Vertical + inv L
8 main bevs in 8 directions and 2 inband bev 300deg (250m long) and 55 deg (350m
long)
local skimmer, DX log and 4 operators ready for some fun.
last year we changed wires on 4SQ but it was after that never tuned correctly
(one of the reasons and was a bit upset)also 9 years old box was not inspected.

contest started pretty well ...252 QSO in 1h and around 450 QSOs in 2h
(best rate ever on 160m)
but no right opening to NA...and i had a feeling something is not correct with
antenna...2nd night was slow and i noticed that SWR on 4SQ started to change.
we finsihed 2nd night and after some hours of sleep we started to investige 4SQ
....on the end we found 2 relays burned and pretty much damage on board.
solution was fast and dirty i took unused 40m box and replaced L & C and
sometimes around 19Z local untuned 4SQ was running again.We  lost some QSOs but
not to much since we had otheer antennas.

great fun with posting on live contest board ...thank you guys.
our congrats to S50C boys (we call it local competion between ex YU)
no fun with HG8DX, OK7K, UA2FW and EW5A ... i hope live posting live scores will
be soon part of the rules.

btw i started to get rid of TS-590SG after more than 5 years of using this small
excellent radios. in future will use FTDX-10 on inband stations and FTDX101MP (
allready ordered) on run and IC-7610 on mult. Also one Flex will remain ( just
for fun )

not all antennas are up now, there is still some works (we started last year
rebuilding antenna setup) and there is much work on switching matrix. in the
moment we have 4 station fully remote controlled and more to come !

thanks for QSOs and CU in ARRL CW (next one)

73s de E77DX