[3830] CQ160 CW NN4RB Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, NN4RB@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW NN4RB Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 02:40:34 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2022

Call: NN4RB
Operator(s): NN4RB
Station: NN4RB

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: FM07ii
Operating Time (hrs): 11:28

Total:  QSOs = 243  State/Prov = 40  Countries = 6  Total Score = 26,864

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Last year I missed the start time by two hours, but this year I was on time.  My
first contact was at 5:01 local with Bill, KC4D.  By bedtime on Friday night,
had about 115 Qs in the log.  My first hour had over 50 Qs, all S&P as
usual.  Now, for you guys running, I was moving at S&P.  That was fun.

The contest provided many PVRC and locals contacts. Locals included KC4D, W4CB,
K4XL, K2KW, W1IE, N3CW, W4YE, & K4ORD. I heard NJ4Q, N3MN & K4YCR.

The big problem that I had for this contest was after the contest.  I went to do
my report on Monday morning and I noticed that the last 10 or 12 contacts were
missing.  I was very upset.  This included contacts like Jerry, Riley, and Ed. I
was so upset that I had to take a nap and recompose.  The fine people on the
N1MM forum got me pointed in the right direction.  All the contacts were in the
.TRN file.  So I had to reenter 12 contacts.  I thought I had worked W4PK, but I
did not find Sam.  Sam you might let me know if I am in your log.

I beat my last years score.  Friday, I downloaded my certificate from last year.
  I was #6 in Virginia for LOW power assisted last year.  This year I will be
further back as I am in high power assisted.

I heard no CA stations and only one WA.  I did work an AZ, so I could year
across the Mississippi.  I think I heard one Slovenia station, but he was way
down.  Got one 10 pointer.  The Ontario stations were out in force.  They were
third behind PA in my log. VA was the winner. At least my antenna works locals.
Like Pete, W4WWQ, I need a good receive 160M antenna.  Maybe we should get
together and put in SDR receiver at a big 160 meter antenna farm within 50 miles
- just a dream.  I had fun and the 160 phone will be in a few weeks - before you
know it.

Rick
NN4RB

IC-7610
Alpha 374A
80 Meter Optimized Dipole fed as a vertical with KAT-500 at the base.
RX was 490' Beverage on Ground (Beverage in disrepair)