[3830] NA Sprint CW N6AN QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N6an@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N6AN QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 09:13:48 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: N6AN
Operator(s): N6AN
Station: N6AN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 2:40

   80:
   40:  28     1:30
   20:  47     1:10
---------------------
Total:  75     Mults = 26  Total Score = 1,950

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Flint Peak portable setup. My 100' doublet stayed up in the breeze despite being
held together by only two unbroken srands of the 22 ga wire on one leg at the
feedpoint. So I didn't pull it tight and it had lots of sag. KX3, paper log,
hand sent. I was hoping to last until the end, but forgot a headlamp and things
slowed way down after leaving 20. I also had a new ham interested in SOTA appear
and we chatted for about 15 minutes. My rbn hits were surprisingly strong. Was
N6AR operating? Some of his hits carry my call.
Thanks to N6ZFO for sticking with me on a crowded frequency. A chopper was
flying overhead and I was sending by muscle memory while the sidetone was
drowned out. We completed! My exchange to K8MR was buried by QRM. Luckily Jim
found me three minutes later and we completed. Conditions seemed pretty good.
Congrats to the top ten folks. Nice scores!
It's a thrill to participate in The Sprint. Thanks for digging me out.
73, David N6AN