[3830] NA Sprint CW K8CN QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8CN@arr.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K8CN QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 20:21:33 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0

   80:   50
   40:   53
   20:   10
---------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Congratulations to Mark, K6UFO/NN7SS, for posting a FB QRP score in the face of
technical difficulties and lost time with remote operation!

I decided that I needed to toughen up after a few months of QRO laziness (well,
QRO at 100 watts by comparison to my traditional QRP operation!) and entered
this NAS in full QRP mode.  Truth be told, I didn't want to operate in the
blended LP/QRP mode I've had to adopt while trying to eliminate the RFI problems
to the logging computer.  It was humbling to go back to QRP, especially on 20
meters where my September 2021 NAS effort provoked me to go LP because nobody
responded to my calls at QRP level.  I stayed strong and resisted temptation
this time.

Always thankful for the efforts by outstanding ops at the other end to make the
Q valid with my painfully weak signals, I do feel renewed enthusiasm for QRP
sprinting.  I will resolve the RFI issues so that LP operation eases that burden
on the other end of my QSOs!

73, and many thanks for the Qs,
MikeNH

Rig: K2/10 at 5 watts; 135 foot doublet, up about 40 feet, window line feed; ATU
+ common-mode choke