[3830] BC QSO VE7RAC(@VE7UF) Multi-OpMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] BC QSO VE7RAC(@VE7UF) Multi-OpMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 04:16:41 +0000
                    British Columbia QSO Party - 2022

Call: VE7RAC
Operator(s): VE7DX VE7JH VE7MR VE7UF
Station: VE7UF

Class: Multi-OpMixed HP
QTH: NPR
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:    6       5       5         4
   80:   32      16      20        13
   40:  103      75      48        41
   20:  306     997      63        66
   15:  305     326      57        44
   10:  127     276      45        33
Total:  879    1685     236       201  Total Score = 3,105,786

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to RAC for letting us use the VE7RAC callsign for BCQP 2022.
Big thanks to VE7UF for hosting the operation. We broke enough things to keep
Duane busy for a while, HI.

Being able to run multi op / multi transmitter helped us maximize the
opportunities for both a high rate and large number of multipliers.
I'd like to thank the many-many BC stations who helped us out by moving bands
and modes for us. Most of the 160m and many of the 80m QSOs were the result of
QSY's.

Of the 20 operating hours there were only 5 clock-hours where the rate was under
100 QSO/hour.

80m showed very little activity. 40m was also disappointingly quiet, but that
may have been the result of the solar storm we experienced on Saturday.

20m was the money band, we tried to balance SSB and CW to try to achieve the
highest number of multipliers.

15m was really good on Saturday, Sunday the signals were not very strong but we
managed to keep busy.

10m performed very well on Saturday, we took full advantage of that, suspecting
that it might not be as good on Sunday, which turned out to be the case.

VE7DX handled most of the SSB operation with some help from VE7JH, while VE7MR
and VE7UF (when not climbing a tower to unstuck a frozen rotor) kept the CW
paddles warm.

As usual, there was great activity from our American cousins with 2204 QSOs,
Canada was second with 267. Interestingly, Brazil came in 3rd with 24, Japan
yielded 22. Another 27 from the Americas and only 8 Europeans made it to the
log.

Thanks to all who called, we're hoping that many of the stations that worked us
on several band/modes will send in a log thereby increasing the growing prestige
of the BC QSO Party.