[3830] RTTY WPX LO5D(@LU8EOT) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX LO5D(@LU8EOT) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 00:21:33 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2022

Call: LO5D
Operator(s): KC1KUG VE4EA W1VE
Station: LU8EOT

Class: M/M HP
QTH: LU
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Remote Operation

------------
   80:    0
   40:    0
   20:    0
   15:  633
   10:  554
------------

Club:

Comments:

Though a chance, last-minute offer by amigo Mark, LU8EOT, he offered his contest
station for WPX RTTY to me.  The challenge is the station only has antennas for
15 and 10m (though stacked 4/4 on each band.) I thought it would be fun to bring
along pals Bray, KC1KUG and Cary, VE4EA, who both had excellent remote
experience.

For all of us, we had never operated south of the equator.  What an experience,
to say the least!  Huge runs into JA in the middle of the night -- on 10 meters.
 Just one insane example of the exciting propagation.

Bray was the anchor man, and though only 15 years old, he is an incredible op
and butt-in-chain man.

We entered the freedom of M/M so we didn't have to worry about band changes.  In
doing so, it looks like we set a new SA record for M/M WPX RTTY.

A huge thanks to Mark for his generosity and friendship!

73,

Gerry, W1VE for the team.