[3830] RTTY WPX KD9MS SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, craigbradley700@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX KD9MS SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 02:34:46 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2022

Call: KD9MS
Operator(s): KD9MS
Station: KD9MS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 20
OpMode: SO2R

------------
   80:  110
   40:  367
   20:  394
   15:  176
   10:   53
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Everything started well, until my 2nd radio stopped shifting. RF was getting
into my serial adapter card killing my COM2. So I had to operate and lose much
of my hot start after the first 90 minutes. Finally got it working, but anytime
I used the amp on 10M, it shut down the port again and I had to stop N1MM or
turn off the radio until the bandmap showed the radio was inactive and then turn
it back on and reset the radio. No amp on 10, but I really didn't need it.

First night and Saturday morning, there was a lot of flutter on 15 and 20.
Really noticed it on Northern EU and AS stations. Kind of hard to copy. 20 and
40 were my best bands, but I was really holding out for some JA on 15 the first
day.

Line noise was terrible to 330 degrees (JA) on Saturday late afternoon about
2100 to 0100 Sunday so I really couldn't do much that direction. Sunday
afternoon was much better with hardly any line noise so I was able to work some
JA on 15, but I had a really good run on 20 going so I couldn't really
concentrate on trying to run on both. I really don't like to get my numbers out
of order in WPX contests. I missed 10 numbers, but I've learned not to pay too
much attention to it.

Lots of repeats in this one due to conditions I suppose. Still some flutter on
the bands. Nice to have sunspots back! 10 was good! I wish I could've worked
more on it, but fixing equipment and working the contest don't go well together.

Time for a new computer and a Faraday Cage for its replacement! All in all, it
was a good weekend! Heard lots of SMC on the air!

Gotta get ready for the ARRL DX next weekend!

73, Craig KD9MS

P.S. I didn't blow up the new amp this weekend. Things are looking up!