[3830] RTTY WPX K9CT M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, craig@k9ct.us
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX K9CT M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 03:43:14 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2022

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9WX AI9T N9CK KT9L K9NR
Station: K9CT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
   80:  622
   40:  998
   20: 1230
   15:  773
   10:  179
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

We had a lot of fun! Great to get the team back together again and share
operating, stories and food. Thanks to Tim, Steve, Larry, Steve and Don for
driving over and staying in the chair....even at 3am!

Our score surpassed our last two efforts and almost reached our 2017 score. We
just need more sunspots to get 15 and 10 going.

The first 24 hours had better propagation conditions for us compared to the last
24. 20m opened very early Saturday followed by 15m a couple hours later. 20m
opened after sunrise on Sunday and 15m never really took off. Lots of watery
signals with and never very strong from EU on Sunday. NA was fairly good all
weekend on all bands. 10m was open in a few directions but not many signals.

We posted to the Contest Online Scoreboard and enjoyed a super competition with
WV4P especially later in the contest. It seemed they had better conditions than
us and would make great runs and pick up prefixes on us the last 24 hours. Given
enough time they would have passed us. As it is, it will be down to log
checking. Congrats to their team on a great effort and thanks for the motivation
to push our rates and multipliers.

Thanks to everyone for all of the fun. We look forward to ARRL DX CW....see you
soon.

73, Craig K9CT