[3830] RTTY WPX KU2M SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX KU2M SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 17:16:35 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2022

Call: KU2M
Operator(s): KU2M
Station: KU2M

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: Wayne, NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
   80:  231
   40:  433
   20:  446
   15:  265
   10:   21
------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

After a sluggish start for me on Friday night, action ramped up nicely and
pretty much stayed that way through the weekend. Conditions were very good on
all bands except for 10M, which was mostly dead (at least this far north)
Saturday morning other than a few of the usual suspects from South America. At
the other end of the activity scale, 40M was jammed with signals both nights and
the overflow into the DX SSB portion of the band made me realize once again how
RY contesting has matured, as prime-time bands were wall-to-wall with RY
signals. I'm not looking forward to finding out how many busted callsigns or bad
reports I logged, since the QRM could be murder now and then, necessitating 2
and sometimes 3 "NR AGN?" requests. My sincere thanks to all the
patient ops who sent reports multiple times.

I also wish to register my gratitude for the Classic overlay category, which
allows sleepy old farts like myself to operate all bands within relatively sane
(I said "relatively") parameters, and don't need to grow additional
arms and hands to manipulate more than one radio, or worry about posts. SO2R?
Not me, brother!

Many thanks to all who called in, and hope to see you next time!