[3830] RTTY WPX W1HS SOAB TB-Wires HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX W1HS SOAB TB-Wires HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 19:13:31 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2022

Call: W1HS
Operator(s): W1HS
Station: W1HS

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 28.85

------------
   80:   84
   40:  196
   20:  147
   15:  240
   10:   26
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I really enjoy operating RTTY and CQ WPX RTTY is rapidly becoming one of my
favorite contests. It is nice having the ability to work US stations to keep
things moving along when the DX fizzles out.  10m never really opened here, but
I was pleasantly surprised during a very short run to get a call from a station
in New Zealand.  Conditions on 15m were pretty good and it was my best
performing band this contest.

My rate really slowed down for a while Saturday afternoon, which gave me
incentive to take advantage of the abnormally warm weather here to shovel the
snow off the roof of the RV and then get out cross country skiing for a while.
Came back to much better conditions.

Up early Sunday morning for a good few hours, until the FlexRadio crashed.
Troubleshooting resulted in a PC reboot which caused me to spend too much time
reconfiguring things in order to get everything working again.  Need to improve
my internal documentation a little so that I can deal with the inevitable
Flex/Windows crash faster next time.

Station improvements since last contest really paid off, most notably the
addition of the tuner genius and power genius which allowed me to operate high
power (400w vs <100) and more than double my previous score.

Antennas:
10m, 15m and 20m: SteppIR Urbanbeam on a 35 foot mast
20m, 40m: 61' G5RV Dipole at 40 feet
80m: 102' G5RV Dipole at 50 feet

Radio:
Flex 6700
Power Genius XL Amp running 400w
Antenna Genius TGXL tuner

Windows 10 w/N1MM+ logger, fldigi and GRTTY.