[3830] ARRLDX CW OK1CF(@OK5W) SOSB160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ok1cf@atlas.cz
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW OK1CF(@OK5W) SOSB160 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 23:53:00 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: OK1CF
Operator(s): OK1CF
Station: OK5W

Class: SOSB160 HP
QTH: JO60OK
Operating Time (hrs): 15
Remote Operation

  160:  296    39
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  296    39  Total Score = 34,632

Club:

Comments:

Single band Remote Control Station operation from my mountain shack, 30 km APART
from mz home..

GREAT contest as ARRL is helped to partially overcome the damage and loss of my
160 transmit antennas and some beverages to a massive ice storm three weeks
before the contest. I worked every day the whole two weeks at the mountain  to
fix them.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Mshcf_TYlY3EUuJHWHKXFgbjrSdHsCyM

In the summer I built a new 4 EL bidirectional (330°/150°) broadside K9AY
arrays 84 meters apart uses three 0°hybrid combiners to improve the NA
reception and prepared my shack quite well before the winter contest season. But
three of these K9AY loops are largely overwhelmed by large snowdrifts now, so I
only had one receiving 680 m beverage antenna.

We had a big windstorm here in EU over the weekend. It achieved wind speed 120
km/h at remote QTH. But all the antennas survived.

Lots of fun even with the poor condx. Condition was very poor from northern
stations and relatively weak signals from those I'd expect to be much stronger.
Noise levels were extremely quiet at my mountain QTH. But most of signals were
down in the noise (-120dBm). High absorption on northern paths, so not many 7
areas and no CA. Apologies to those I missed/lost due to the above.

Saturday was the most productive day because W/VE stations were working me for
OK land. Sunday was very slow because most W/VE stations had already worked me.
Activity spoiled by lots of Key Clicks from some Eu stations!

One of the highlights of the weekend was a QSO with N6CW.
He was decent strength, but absolutely nothing else from west coast.

Wonderful to hear and work so many friends.

Thanks for bearing with my low signal but many of you on the other side had good
ears! I did my best.

Thanks for the QSO’s and stay safe! Hope to see you next yar!

73 Karel OK1CF

Setup:

SUN SDR2PRO and PA and 160 m Vertical @33m high Loop with 64 buried radials.
Receiving antenna was 680m long beverage.