[3830] ARRLDX CW KH6TU(AD6E) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KH6TU(AD6E) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 23:57:49 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: KH6TU
Operator(s): AD6E
Station: KH6TU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: PAC
Operating Time (hrs): 19
OpMode: SO2R

  160:    0     0
   80:  187    45
   40:  579    52
   20:  405    49
   15:  907    56
   10:  625    54
-------------------
Total: 2703   256  Total Score = 2,075,904

Club: Mother Lode DX/Contest Club

Comments:

Fun time on the high bands. Nice to have sunspots again.

Disappointment: Low band antenna broken
   My 160 OCF dipole matching network failed immediately. I have a HB switchable
matching network at the feed point that can move resonance from 80 to 75 to 160
by remote relays. Friday night it showed high SWR and shut me out of both bands
the first night. I spent two hours troubleshooting Sat morning but could not
find the problem. Sat after noon I spent two more hours on it and finally
bypassed the matching networks. That was good enough for the KPA1500 to tune it
so I could run 80 (only) the second night with reduced QRO.

 My only other complaint is my own fat fingers caused the usual problems and
probably a bunch of busted calls.

 Overall rate was excellent for my part time effort. SO2R was of marginal use
due to high rates that hovered in the 200/hr range much of the time plus a lot
of really weak stations near or in the noise floor necessitated using only one
radio. Nice to see the last ten rate >300/hr a couple of times.

K4 + KPA1500 to 3 element SteppIR at 70ft
K3 + P3 + Acom 2000A to 2 element SteppIR at 65ft (same tower) + 160 OCF wire