[3830] ARRLDX CW K4BAI SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@ku8e.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K4BAI SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 00:26:12 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 31:51

  160:    0     0
   80:  141    45
   40:  371    77
   20:  349    73
   15:  316    73
   10:   87    30
-------------------
Total: 1264   298  Total Score = 1,130,016

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Fun contest, but no as much as when I had a working triband yagi.  All wires.
160M inverted L support was cut by mistake by the yard crew.  Jeff, KU8E, spent
most of Wednesday afternoon with a little help from me trying to get it
relocated and working, but we ran out of time.  Hope will have an antenna for
that band soon.  Bands were pretty good.  I missed most of the ten meter Europe
openings due to a grandchild's high school baseball game on Saturday and Sunday
School/Church Sunday.  Low bands seemed about as good as usual.  I haven't had a
beam for 40 since 1969, so wire antennas have almost always been the thing for
the low bands.  Had some problems with the sticking relay and had to ask for
fills due to that.  Also, had some QRN on the low bands.  Had pretty bad RFI
problems on most of the high bands while using the zepp, but the zepp was
generally better than the single band wires, maybe due to height.  Thanks for
all QSSOs.  73, John.