[3830] ARRLDX CW VA3EC SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, harry.kosterman@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VA3EC SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 01:51:50 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: VA3EC
Operator(s): VA3EC
Station: VA3EC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    1     1
   80:   10     8
   40:   99    33
   20:  135    47
   15:  154    53
   10:   45    16
-------------------
Total:  444   158  Total Score = 209,982

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Part time this time.
First real effort with the Flex 6700.  Compared to my IC7700 I found there were
a number of stations who just could not hear me, I was only running low power.
I suspect I never heard them on the 7700.
I found the waterfall display really helped to quickly set the frequency in
Search and Pounce.  With all the SO2R operators, there are sizeable time gaps in
their calling that you see in the waterfall display.  Without the display, I
know I would scroll right past them.  I would click on the waterfall and send a
"?" if they weren't calling CQ and most of the time they immediately
called CQ again.
Good fun.