[3830] ARRLDX CW K7SS SOUAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dank7ss@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K7SS SOUAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 02:04:27 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K7SS
Operator(s): K7SS
Station: K7SS

Class: SOUAB LP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  855   216  Total Score = 554,040

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

The HIGH BANDS ARE BACK !

We avoided almost entirely the dreaded prediction for a Solar Storm, and
only briefly on Saturday evening had a high K index, which quickly dropped back
to a reasonable level.

Saturday morning brought us fluttery 20m Eu sigs which were difficult to
accumulate with low power, however Sunday morning more than made up for them.

Was able to sustain a nice run into EU with 100w way up above 14.100, with even
some brave QRP boys getting thru from over the top.

As in the last few years, the bulk of Qs were our friends in Japan, with their
fine operating style coming thru smoothly on 10 thru 40.

Was gonna do part time, and several times hit a hundred mark of Qs, and was
ready to call it day, but after a few more, it was on to the next ladder step.
Good conditions elicited the strong siren call....and as I told myself, guess
I'll work a few more. Well....

Finally hearing so many European signals helps reassure us out here in the PNW
that good things are to come.

Thank you for the QSO !

73
Danny K7SS