[3830] ARRLDX CW W1HNZ SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ruschb@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W1HNZ SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 02:29:59 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: W1HNZ
Operator(s): W1HNZ
Station: W1HNZ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    7     7
   80:   46    26
   40:  126    45
   20:  241    69
   15:  207    66
   10:   43    22
-------------------
Total:  670   236  Total Score = 472,236

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Unfortunately, Murphy was a visitor this weekend. 20, 15, and 10 antennas on the
tower worked flawlessly at high power (1 KW). The inverted V's fan for 160, 80,
and 40 had issues running at HP. Amp would fault at KW with a reflected power of
200+ watts with an SWR of 7:1. (Switched individual feed coaxes at the tower)
However, I was able to get a match running only 100 watts. So, low band
operations were low power. Speculation is that a leakage path developed at the
feed point of the V's running at HP. Now I know the frustration of multiple
calls to make a Q on the low bands with LP. I am not as talented an operator as
others when finessing LP contacts.  I had fun and thanks to everyone for the
Q's.