[3830] ARRLDX CW K1IR M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jim@k1ir.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K1IR M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 17:18:34 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K1IR
Operator(s): K1IR KE1J K2LE VE4EA W1VE WD6T
Station: K1IR

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 47
Remote Operation

  160:  113    49
   80:  451    75
   40: 1202    95
   20: 1333   104
   15: 1163   103
   10:   99    35
-------------------
Total: 4381   461  Total Score = 6,038,178

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

At the last minute, Gerry W1VE and Lars KE1J pressed me to get the station on
the air for this one. We managed to pull a team of six together. Five
part-timers and Ironman Lars. A lot of the station worked. What didn't work we
worked around. That took time, but our ops were patient. Many fun operating
moments . . . running up the rate meter, hearing that great DX calling in and
breaking some big pile-ups on the first call. With our team spread out across
the country, we depended on Slack as our team communication back-channel. That
made it easy to coordinate our efforts.

Unfortunately, this one wasn't all sunshine and rainbows for Team IR. Lack of
attention to the station in recent months left us with fewer operating
positions, some busted antennas, stuck rotors, antenna switching failures and a
disappearing network. That only serves to highlight the stellar results of our
competitors and all others who excelled in their efforts this weekend. Yes, it
takes a talented team to drive the station for 48 hours, but the advance efforts
of station owners and builders are so important for them to succeed.

The online scoreboard is growing in popularity. I see about 450 participated on
the scoreboard this time. It's great fun and very motivating to watch the
competitive races in all the different categories. Congrats to K9CT, who we saw
growing a well-earned lead as the hours flowed by.

Which contest sponsor will be first to a) support true competition and b) take a
stand against category shopping by making advance category selection and
scoreboard participation requirements to compete for official ranking and
awards?

73 Jim K1IR