[3830] ARRLDX CW W3HKK SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w3hkk@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W3HKK SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 02:13:38 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: W3HKK
Operator(s): W3HKK
Station: W3HKK

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:   39    25
   80:   32    22
   40:  138    49
   20:  308    74
   15:  175    60
   10:   51    21
-------------------
Total:  743   251  Total Score = 544,419

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

The ALL-WIRE antenna farm at W3HKK got started 3 hrs late. with  all radials for
160m INV-L still coiled up hanging from tree, and the 80m  INV-L still shorting
out.

Station:  IC7610-ACOM 1000 - 160m  0.25wl INV-L (52' vert leg) wkg against a
single ground rod; 80m INV-L shorting out but tunable; 40m 2 el vert phased
array NE/SW; 20m  2 el vert phased array NNW/SSE; 15m ants were  a 40m  InvV@ 32
ft radiating E-W, and the 40m PA radiating N/S; and  a qtr wave GP with 4
elevated radials.  N1MM+ contest software.

160m was in  good shape to EU  Fri night  but in SUPERB shape with zero QRN Sat
night.  80  had good sigs fm EU.  40m was  noisy but active and my 3rd best
band. 20m was  the best band by far followe by 15m.  And 10m showed  a lot of
PY's and LU's even though many were 100w stations just above the noise...but
they copied me as well as I copied them  ie  Q5 S0 in most cases.

Overall DX entites wkd:45 EU, 18 NA,13 SA, 5 Asia, 4 Africa.

Most Q's:  57 I - 45 DL - 35 JA - 33 EA - 24 PY - 24 OK - 20 KH6 -  led the
pack.

Best DX:  4U1U (UN in NYC); 3D2; TA; ZP6.  Once again the juiciest  DX surprises
 just werent there. Chalk it up to COVID.

Ive had better scores on the other side of the bottom of the cycle BUT its good
to see  signs of life on 10m and  a fairly busy 15m, to go along with  some
booming Euros on 160!  But 20m ruled  by a long shot once again.

  I celebrated my 80th birthday with two torn rotator cuffs that barked  at
every opportunity, including periods when I  did all  operating with the left
arm.  Altho  both hands made it to the keyboard ok, but the right arm wouldnt go
much  above it.

Overall cndx  here in central Ohio were   decent - improving, but not great.