[3830] CWopsT W8MK Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, thammond@chartermi.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT W8MK Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 04:12:26 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 0300Z Feb 24

Call: W8MK
Operator(s): W8MK
Station: W8MK

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:   10
   80:   66
   40:   40
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  116  Mults = 105  Total Score = 12,180

Club: Thumb Area Contesters

Comments:

What a cluster-bleep! Started out on 40 where I got on 10 minutes early, called
CQ and made a couple of contacts. At 2 minutes before the hour, some a-hole
started DQRM'ing me, and wasn't identifying, in fact was sending gibberish. I
kept sending and just ignored his weak AF signal. He finally gave up after about
4 minutes but he basically effed up the first few minutes of the night. I found
very strong signals on 40 but only from a limited skip zone out in 5-land. I had
many call me that were buried in my noise. I held a run frequency but couldn't
get much of a run going. I had a very strong dude next to me and I wonder if he
was QRM'ing me to the point that others weren't calling. I had him filtered out
with my 400Hz filter. I had a PY and a DK call me that were louder than most of
the US signals so I knew it was time to QSY.

On 80 I found a spot high in the band and kept running. Found it quite a bit
easier to get a run going but I could tell the band was getting long here too.
Quite a few called that were in the noise. I'm sorry for those who called that I
could not hear.

I am convinced that nearly everyone in CWT uses a stupid call history file. Not
once do I get asked for a fill. When I ask for fills, half the time folks are
off to the next QSO - they've logged me, why ruin their rate by repeating their
exchange? Sorry, but you are in my noise. I'm running QRO and you have 5w and a
dipole in the attic. What the heck to you expect. Oh, I'm supposed to know your
exchange by your call... yeah, that's how it works. BS.

Moved to 160 to finish out the night where everyone was running 40 WPM. All you
have to do is get their call because you've worked most of them on the other
bands so you can really send 80 WPM they must be thinking. Why doesn't anyone
copy the exchange by ear?

What a crazy night. This is what CWT has become.

Tom W8MK