[3830] CQ160 SSB KE2D Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bob_beyer@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB KE2D Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 22:23:23 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: KE2D
Operator(s): KE2D
Station: KE2D

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: New Jersey
Operating Time (hrs): 11:18

Total:  QSOs = 381  State/Prov = 45  Countries = 15  Total Score = 57,780

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I beat last year's score but in an unexpected way.

76 fewer QSOs and less QSO points this years but 12 more mults and 15 of them
were DX vs only 6 DX last year. The 10 pointers do add up but in the end it was
the additional 12 mults (60 vs 48) that increased my score.

When the dust settled I was missing all of the 7-land states except for AZ.
I saw K7RAT (OR) spotted down low on Saturday night and could hear them but the
pileup was fierce and I was doing OK running.  When I took a break they were
gone.  I also had the same situation with K0CX.  Never got through the pileup up
and missed SD. Somehow also missed LA in 5-land.

Didn't get any Canadian province west of VE4 but appreciated the eastern
provinces calling in or being on; NB, PE, NS, QC, ON.

Ironically, I did get CA thanks to NX6T and his patience.  He was clearer when I
got up early Sunday morning and called him a second time and was happy to hear I
was a dupe.

I appreciated ED8W and LZ5R calling me while running.  I don't attract much DX
with my signal.

GL to everyone next weekend in ARRL DX SSB.

73, KE2D