[3830] CQ160 SSB K3ZM Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pbriggs876@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB K3ZM Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 22:32:09 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: K3ZM
Operator(s): K3ZM
Station: K3ZM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Virginia
Operating Time (hrs): 25
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 848  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 41  Total Score = 255,013

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

For the first time, I operated my station from remote in a contest, only so that
I could attend Virginia's final home basketball game in Charlottesville at 4PM
local time on Saturday.  It is a suboptimal arrangement but workable.

Activity seemed down, but I managed a decent number of contacts the first night,
although I did not work very many EU's.  The West Coast was coming in nicely
Friday night even if EU was uninspiring.  At bedtime Saturday morning, I had 631
QSOs, 54 States and Provinces, and 35 countries.  I was missing many common
countries in EU.  I hoped to make a comeback with EU the second night.

After the basketball game on Saturday, I was able to get on the air just before
2400Z.  Not much EU for me at that point, but I established a nice EU run well
up the band later on as the sun swept across EU.  As is often the case, a number
of stations were calling but not all could be heard.

I did not work VE4 or a KH6.

If it is true that the station at VY2ZM is coming down this May, then I guess
this represents the final running of the "ZM Invitational."  It has
been quite a ride.  Perhaps one more for the books, Ace?  We'll see how the
scores work out.

Thanks for all the contacts.

73,

Peter  K3ZM