[3830] CQ160 SSB NN4RB Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nn4rb@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB NN4RB Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 01:04:46 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: NN4RB
Operator(s): NN4RB
Station: NN4RB

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: FM07ii
Operating Time (hrs): 3:21

Total:  QSOs = 62  State/Prov = 22  Countries = 2  Total Score = 3,528

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I had hopes of doing much better in this contests, however I did better than
last year.  Last year, I had 58 QSOs with 22 states and no other countries. This
year, I had 62 QSOs.  The state count was still 22, however I got 2 countries.
Last year's score was 2,850, so I had an improvement. My last contact was an
Italian.  For me that was great.  This also marked the first use of the
bi-directional beverage.  It is hard to say if  the contacts I hear are more,
but there is  definitely less noise.  Plus, the direction change is very
evident.  I have only to go out and put a cover over the transformer box to keep
the sun from fading and to make the box less visible.  I was a little frustrated
in myself as I made several mistakes at first coping calls wrong.  I had to go
back and edit several of the contacts.  I turned off the spot all contacts as I
didn't want to confuse others.

Rick
NN4RB

IC-7610
Alpha 374A

80 meter Dipole fed with shorted coax as a top loaded vertical with Elecraft
Kat-500 at the base.