[3830] CQ160 SSB VY2ZM Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K1ZM@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB VY2ZM Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 10:37:25 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: VY2ZM
Operator(s): VY2ZM
Station: VY2ZM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 25.5

Total:  QSOs = 778  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 54  Total Score = 532,332

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

ABSORPTION CITY!!!!!!!!   I think that would be a correct description for
conditions in this contest as propagation was just about as poor as last year in
a repeat performance!

Congratulations to everyone who hung in there despite the wretched conditions
and a special shoutout to K3ZM and the K1LZ team for hanging in there.  Thanks
also to all those stations in EU who called in over the weekend.

Here a few moments in this contest that I remember:

1) Hearing a good signal from the only LA station I heard only to have him not
hear me at all.
2) The lack of much of the FAR West - I did not hear or work UT, WY, MB or BC.
Just a few West coast stations were logged including N6RO/NX6T/KU1CW and a few
others in CA/W7 here or there.  Every W7 was a struggle and it took K8OZ in NM
five minutes to copy my callsign.  Yes it was THAT BAD!  There was no Pacific DX
that I could hear and not even a KH6.
3) My best DX here were TA1ED,SV2AEL and R8TT who somehow manages to make it
over here in every contest.
4) The best EU signal by far was OK7K - (I'd like to know what that guy's
antenna is as he just CRUSHES IT every year...)

SUFFICE TO SAY THE FAR WEST ABSORPTION HERE WAS INTENSE!!  I heard K1LZ and
stations further South working stuff that was just not there audible in VY2. (As
an aside, K1LZ at his great new station in Jonesboro, ME just about pins my S
meter when he is beaming to EU - he is something like only 150 miles by air to
my SW.)

Despite it all, I had a good time navigating the conditions and many thanks
again to all those stations who participated and called in to make it fun.

73 Jeff  K1ZM/VY2ZM