[3830] ARRLDX SSB K7QA SOUAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7qa@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K7QA SOUAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 02:53:30 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: K7QA
Operator(s): K7QA
Station: K7QA

Class: SOUAB HP
QTH: Montana
Operating Time (hrs): ~20

  160:    4     4
   80:   24    21
   40:   86    43
   20:  189    72
   15:  206    64
   10:   54    15
-------------------
Total:  563   219  Total Score = 369,891

Club: Big Sky Contesters

Comments:

With the solar storm pushing K to 5 for most of the weekend, we didn't expect
much, especially for an SSB contest. Ham radio priorities for me are CW,
contests, DX, building and fixing stuff, FT8 and SSB in that order. So SSB
doesn't get much time and effort, except in a major to hand out the MT mult. And
it was a chance to get an old amp just rebuilt a workout.

I slogged thru the noise and unruly pileups and worked almost everything heard
and called. In spite of the CME, all the bands played better than expected here
in the Black Hole. Got Qs with some rare ones including 3X2, 6W1, C37, HB0, FG4,
FR4, VP8, 5Z4, ZD7, XV1 and YS1.

Did all S&P except for a 15m EU run Sunday morning. Nice to snag TO3Z, PJ2T
and PJ4G on all 6 bands plus a hoard of 5 banders. It's getting hard to find new
DXCC adds working only CW. Eventually I'll have to start chasing DXPeditions.