[3830] ARRLDX SSB E7DX(E77DX) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB E7DX(E77DX) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2022 11:44:19 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: E7DX
Operator(s): E77DX
Station: E77DX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Prijedor (JN84IX)
Operating Time (hrs): 35
OpMode: 2BSIQ

  160:  108    29
   80:  460    46
   40: 1483    55
   20: 1217    57
   15: 1168    54
   10:   53    21
-------------------
Total: 4489   262  Total Score = 3,525,996

Club: Bosnia and Herzegovina Contest Club

Comments:

where to start?

sometimes few days before contest i decide to run for SOAB effort in ARRL SSB,
just not enough operators for Multi op entry this time.

on wednesday before contest i cut my left hand finger so badly that i ended up
in 2 hours surgery. Somehow at that moment everything was very questionable.Long
story short, needed to move my trip to E7 to friday after visiting hosiptal to
check finger.

Packing and putting stuff into car (#foundinmycar) with one hand was real pain.
However arrived to E7DX late afternoon and with help of E74AW, E70T and E77EA we
could easy unload the car and start to setup the station for SO2R. Moving radios
from one place to another and removing old radios etc took quite a bit of time.
After few hours everything was ready. 2 new FTDX-101MP in SO2R config, moved
FT-DX10 to inband (removed last TS-590SG, which i took after the contest to 9A7A
guys ...i hope they will enjoy it) in general quite a bit of effort being not
100% in shape. Last but not least i needed to setup new radio for SSB...this
took also a bit of time. On the end i could get about 2 h of sleep before
contest started. i had not much time to test and to look to propagation
prediction etc etc... just get back to radio short b4 contest and start to call
CQ :)
1st night was amazing on 40m and 80m, in first 4 hours 800 QSOs from EU on low
bands it´s a lot. Logging almost 1200 QSO´s first night 80/40m was really big
surprice and i was smiling seeing already over 6K QSO in my log in total.
BUT.....i didn´t work out 20/15 were not good enough and on 10m could catch
only one short opening for 10-15min which produced 51 QSOs all worked with
antenna to South america , later on could found W2RE and VY2ZM coming in direct
path.
Another highlite was 160m opening 2nd night. It was crazy, i was calling K3LR
that night at least 15 times before without any luck, signal was weak and in
noise but ok to copy. And than from nothing just like click and they were S9
.... remeber working later AA0RS from CO with realy big signal.
i was trying to operate as much as possible on 2 bands (2BSIQ) but level of
signals were just not always enough and also keeping the freq clear while
operating on 2 bands in EU is just pain. Sometimes sunday moring or early
afternoon i lost 2nd radio amp (blower stoped working) :(

in general ended 4,5k QSOs and was far away from 6K QSOs expecting saturday
moring :(

anyway it was fun as always!

FTDX-101MP performed expermly well and i can say it is best RX i have ever used.
Also in general i think yeasu made very good radio in general with this one.

Thanks for QSOs and looking forward to work you in next one.

Unfortunatly our hobby became very political and it´s sad to see such huge gap
between radio friends. :(

Stay safe and stay healthy and stop all fucking wars around our planet!

73s
Braco
E77DX