[3830] ARRLDX SSB AE0EE SOUAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ae0ee@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB AE0EE SOUAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2022 05:14:39 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: AE0EE
Operator(s): AE0EE
Station: AE0EE

Class: SOUAB QRP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:   0     0
   10:   5     4
-------------------
Total:   5     4  Total Score = 60

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

5 W, dipoles at 5 m.

Conditions were not great for QRP SSB.  There were many signals on the higher
bands, but none of them loud.  For the most part, I just called a few times,
spotted, and moved on.

On Saturday we had a cold rain, which melted some snow before freezing
overnight.  With the forecast and the QRP SSB, I had the presence of mind not to
set up the 80/160 m antenna, as it can cause problems if there is snow or ice
accumulation.  Overnight, the slush froze, locking my two feedlines (40/15 m
dipole and 10 m dipole) in place.  I guess the better way to think about it was
that there was relatively little thermal noise coming from the feedlines and
most of the power was getting to the antenna (not that anyone could hear it).

Thanks to the ops who pulled out my weak signal!