[3830] TBDC K1LT Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vkean@k1lt.com, mrrc@groups.io
Subject: [3830] TBDC K1LT Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 16:58:31 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Spring

Call: K1LT
Operator(s): K1LT
Station: K1LT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ohio EM89ps
Operating Time (hrs): 9:47
OpMode: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 401  Total Score = 1,495

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Take that, Daylight Saving Time!  I left my clocks on DST for the last
4 months, and now they are all correct again.  Nothing else regarding
planned station changes to report for this contest instance.  The
forever project remains 95% finished, pending resolution of a software
issue.

In the unplanned category, it still seems like my European Beverage
greatly outperforms the east phased array.  So far, I have not been
able to find anything wrong with the short verticals or the numerous
pieces of coax.  Maybe it is time to disassemble the Eu Beverage to
see what is different, but then I would be breaking the "if it ain't
broke, don't fix it" rule.

Like last year I made fewer contacts as compared to last year, but not
for the lack of DX, except for far eastern Europeans.  Static was
completely absent.  Propagation for the most part seemed nominal,
neither good nor bad, but there appeared to be no really long-haul
propagation.  On the other hand, W3HKK, who lives nearby, worked VK.

I left the band at 0624Z to go sleep because the rate was getting very
low.  I came back at 1039Z expecting a rush but got just 20 more QSOs
compared to the 30 morning QSOs of last year which is another sign of
lower attendance.

DX worked: DL (6), EA, F (4), FM, G (5), HA (3), HB, HI, I, KP2, LY,
LZ, OK (4), OM, ON (3), OZ, PA (3), SM (3), SP (2), YL, and ZF for a
total of 21 entities.  45 DX QSOs compared to 37 last year and 71 2
years ago.

Equipment: K3S/100, P3, 8410 at 800/1500 watts, K3/100, P3, homebrew
SO2R stuff, 2 phased array / SDR receiving systems, 12 Beverages (1
used for many QSOs), 'tee' antenna 60 feet tall over 75 radials.