[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4baai@ku8e.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 03:16:24 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Mar 18

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:
   80:  18     13
   40:  18     14
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  36     27  Total Score = 972

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Had N1MM+ set up for NS which started tonight immediately after the end of the
80M QRP Fox Hunt.  At 5W, worked one of the two foxes and could just make out
the second one occasionally under very heavy QRN.  Gave up on him with about
four minutes to go and checked out 15, which was dead.  20M was open however,
but no one I cold hear could seem to hear me.  I should have figured out before
the NS started that I was still running 5W instead of the intended 100W, but I
didn't.  No QSOs on 20 and 40 seemed spotty.  After six QSOs with 5W, I realized
my mistake and upped power to 100W.  Congrats to the following who worked me on
40 when I was running QRP:  N4AF, W1NN, N3BB, N7ZZ, KG5U, W1FJ.  Played catch up
for the rest of the half hour.  40 and 20 seemed pretty good.  There was a skip
zone on 40, but it wasn't too bad and there was no skip zone on 80.  Still
having problem with relay returning to receive.  Must do something about that.
Maybe tomorrow.  Thanks for the QSOs and the mults.  73, John, K4BAI.