[3830] VaQP VE9AA SOAB/CWFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] VaQP VE9AA SOAB/CWFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 23:42:49 +0000
                    Virginia QSO Party - 2022

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: SOAB/CWFixed HP
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs):
OpMode: SO2R

  160:    1
   80:   36
   40:   43
   20:   37
   15:    1
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  118     0       0  Mults = 56  Total Score = 13,552

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Lotsa stuff going on this w/e, so my original plan was just to seek out Kenny
K2KW and work him on as many bands as possible and then work a few other VA's
(so I was not a unique).  I did manage to find Kenny, but then as usual got
sucked into the QSO party fever and every hour or two, wandered into the shack
and made a few Q's. As time went on, it was pretty much mobile chasing and
entering the fray for any new VA stn that popped up on CW.

Sat night the QRN was fierce with a ice/rain bad storm raging all around me, so
apologies to the QRP, LP and mobiles on 40 & 80m ...I had a real time
hearing you.

Overnight/early morning we had more ice storm and I mostly lost the 15m array,
but stood it up good enough Sunday morning to "work" but only made 1
QSO.  Signals on my 40m array were as strong as the 15m array when the radio was
on 15m.   In any case, I'll fix or rebuild it in time for WPX CW, I am sure.

My hat goes off to the mobiles...especially N4CW who was very easy to work.
Sorry but the early contest QRM and sometimes QRN was horrible here. You did a
great job.

CU (all of a sudden!) in the next one

73 de Mike VE9AA