[3830] BARTG WD6T SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] BARTG WD6T SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 03:22:19 +0000
                    BARTG HF RTTY Contest - 2022

Call: WD6T
Operator(s): WD6T
Station: WD6T

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Berkeley, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 7

   80:   10       3          7
   40:   46       5         13
   20:   86      19         18
   15:  112      31         21
   10:    9       4          3
-----------------------------------
Total:  263      62         62  Continents = 6  Total Score = 195,672

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

A couple years ago I did this contest from N6RO and won N. America. This year, I
just got on from home part time on a lark. All in all, I enjoyed it, and am
always pleasantly surprised when my little station can work six continents.

15m was the best band. Nice running JAs on 15 meters near the start, and also
worked 9M2 and YBs, as well as VK/ZL. Next morning, was curious to try EU,
always a struggle from here due to hill to the east. 15 meters seemed in pretty
good shape and I managed to eek out  quite a few EU countries, though with a lot
of work, as they were at the threshold of noise and decodes were spotty at best
for both stations. Running power was definitely a requirement for these QSOs.

20m was not as good, and was noisier. Ended up spending much of the night at the
emergency vet with my dog so not much low bands.

Next morning, 20 and 15 were not as good, but nice to work Namibia on 10m. Had
to quit at 11 AM local.