[3830] VaQP N8II SOAB/MixedFixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] VaQP N8II SOAB/MixedFixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 20:22:42 +0000
                    Virginia QSO Party - 2022

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOAB/MixedFixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 5.8

  160:    2      0
   80:   31     63
   40:   59     87
   20:    2      1
   15:    0      1
   10:    0      1
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   94    153      0  Mults = 75  Total Score = 27,300

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

It pays to check the rules, thought it started at 16Z instead of 14Z, started
about 1615Z, an impossible deficit to overcome. 40 SSB was not wall to wall
stations by 1615Z. 75M activity was way down thanks to 40 being open from here
to VA and VA to VA. I was about to give up on 75 when suddenly I got a run of
over 15 callers. Local noise was high on 20M and up and atmospheric noise was
bad Saturday late afternoon through the evening. There was a storm close enough
to cause QRT at 2215Z. Sunday, I went to a flower show with daughter and XYL; it
was more fun than dredging 80/40 for a few more Q's and mults. I also went back
out at 2030Z for dinner with friends. With all of those interruptions/mistakes,
I am amazed this score will be the highest out of state LP for now. The mults
were somewhat hard to come by as it seemed the mobiles abandoned 40M CW at
times. I worked a few SSB mobiles. Thanks to all of the mobiles for their
efforts. N4CW/M and W4GO/M covered a lot of territory.

It was great to have 40M open for the first time since about 2014! I will try
and be more diligent next year. Thanks for all of the calls and QSO's.

73, Jeff