[3830] WPX SSB KE2D SOAB TB-Wires HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bob_beyer@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KE2D SOAB TB-Wires HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 04:21:48 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: KE2D
Operator(s): KE2D
Station: KE2D

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: New Jersey
Operating Time (hrs): 28:40

------------
  160:    4
   80:  344
   40:  253
   20:  247
   15:  217
   10:  138
------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

A considerable improvement for me vs 2021.  I was glad to see 10m open to the
south where there was plenty to work.  I also enjoyed working several VK and KH6
stations Sunday afternoon on 10m.  It seemed like better conditions on Friday
night on the low bands than on Saturday night.  I'm glad I put in the time and
made tracks on 80m the first night.

I did not work a single station from Russia, Belarus, or Ukraine.  I know the
contest sponsor disqualified them but I would have thought some would be on just
to operate and submit check logs.  I didn't see any spots of them either.  This
must have reduced the number of prefixes available.  Last year I had 18 QSOs
from these countries.

The highlight of the contest for me was working DM9EE who was coaching and
working in tandem with DN5HR which was a Ukranian YL (Katia) at the mic.  Word
must have spread quickly about them because they generated a huge pileup.  I had
to leave for a while and come back to get through.  It was very inspiring to see
amateur radio put to use in this way during such difficult times.